The website Notes is developing in WordPress. But isn’t the development in Ruby on Rails better?
In Ruby On Rails Vs WordPress: 7 Reasons To Choose WP (https://www.devdude.com/) author says NO! The reasons are:
- WP is cheaper.
- You don’t have to know any code to start. WP is more beginner-friendly. ( Yes, far, far more )
- Using WP you don’t have to build a site from scratch. You are able to create a powerful search engine friendly website in 5 minutes.
- There are more than 31,000 WP plugins and more are being created every day.
- To get complex and good looking sites in WP all you need to do is install a suitable theme.
- With WP, you are guaranteed great SEO.
- WP has better and clearer documentation.
- Category: RoR – Web application framework , WP – Content Management System (CMS)
- Preference: RoR – 42 % votes, WP – 58 % votes.
- Website: RoR (rubyonrails.org) , WP (wordpress.org).
- Development principles: RoR – Convention over configuration, WP – Configuration over convention.
- Programming language: RoR – Ruby, WP – PHP.
- WYSIWYG-Editor: RoR – no, WP – yes.
- Difficulty level: RoR – Advanced Master, WP – Beginner.
- Machine Code Generation: RoR – yes, WP – no.
Personally, I prefer RoR (I’m not expert nor beginner) and work in WP because of great SEO. You can made most beautiful site, without great SEO nobody will see it. My challenge is to make website Notes in WP, and after stabilization of the satisfying number of visitors (a few thousands of visitors per month, with a little help of God, Allah, Buddha, or some kind of power from the space), rework it in RoR.
Best Regards, Zvonimir